Video: Pro Liberty Party Announcement

Richard Carey and James Rigby spoke to 25 assembled libertarians at the Rose and Crown to announce the formation of the Pro Liberty Party.

Simon is a London based IT contractor and the proprietor of Libertarian Home. Working with logic and cause-and-effect each day he was naturally attracted to nerdy libertarianism and later to harshly logical Objectivism. Find him on Google+

8 comments for “Video: Pro Liberty Party Announcement

1. Sep 12, 2012 at 7:33 am

I think the phrase is “Good faces for radio”

• Sep 12, 2012 at 10:58 am

Oh I dunno. Chap in the brown polo shirt looks dapper.

2. Sep 12, 2012 at 9:13 am

Thanks Richard and James for introducing Pro Liberty to those of us who cannot get to London meet ups. I wish you well with the venture and look forward to developments.

3. Sep 12, 2012 at 11:26 am

Good video. No slick, empty speaches, just people expressing their honest opinions. Good luck to you. I’ll have to see if I can get down to one of those London meetups one of these days, preferably before the excellent Virgin train service finishes.

4. Richard Carey
    Sep 12, 2012 at 5:06 pm

I won’t disagree, James. Thanks for doing that Simon, and for the good will from Malpoet and Stuart.

5. Sep 12, 2012 at 9:39 pm

If you’ll take one piece of advice from a non-member: Forget about the Corby by-election. It’s my belief that standing in Parliamentary elections was one of the basic mistakes we made in the old Party. It costs £500 just to get on the ballot, non-returnable if you get less than 5% of the vote – and we never even got to 1% in Parliamentary elections. If you actually want to do any campaigning, you’d be spending at least another £500 on the Election Address, and more if you want to do any further leafletting (plus having to find the manpower). Plus you’ve only got two months to work out a manifesto. On the other side, the big, well-established parties will be throwing in everything including the kitchen sink – both Labour and Tories will be fighting hard for this seat, so your message will be drowned out. Frankly, I think you’d be better off trying to build up a workable organisation and seeing if you can put up some local candidates next year.

• Richard Carey
      Sep 12, 2012 at 10:57 pm

Stuart,

the purpose of standing would really be just to get the name out there, so it would be £500 spent to that purpose. No doubt other costs would be incurred but certainly the big story will not be us, but probably the government getting kicked in the balls by Labour.